- 1. A Bridging of Faith: Religion and politics in a New England City.
- 2. Baptists and the Life of the Mind: Reflections on the Baptist Theme of Soul Competency
- 3. Being Right: Conservative Catholics in America
- 4. Bridging the Sacred and the Secular: Selected Writings of John Courtney Murray
- 5. Chastening Liberalism
- 6. Children, Mothers, and Fathers in the Postmodern Family
- 7. Church and State in America: A Bibliographical Guide.
- 8. Churches and Public Funding: Strategies of Resistance, Accommodation, and Adaptation to Government Regulation
- 9. Churches and Public Funds: Risks or Rewards?
- 10. Churches as Government Partners: Navigating 'Charitable Choice'
- 11. Civic Responsibility: What’s It All About?
- 12. Constructing a Public Theology: The Church in a Pluralistic Age
- 13. Convergence Toward the New Paradigm: A Case of Induction
- 14. Crossing the Gods: World Religions and Worldly Politics.
- 15. Evangelism and Church-State Partnerships
- 16. Faith and Welfare Policy: Taking a Both-And Approach
- 17. Family Values and the New Paternalism
- 18. John Courtney Murray -- Do His Ideas Still Matter?
- 19. John Courtney Murray and the Growth of Tradition
- 20. Loving Your Neighbor in Word and Deed: Evangelism and Community Ministries
- 21. Many Are Chosen: Divine Election and Western Nationalism
- 22. No Aid to Religion? Charitable Choice and the First Amendment
- 23. Popular Voices in American Catholicism.
- 24. Redeeming Politics: From Constantine to Cromwell.
- 25. Religion, Politics, and Peace
- 26. Religious Liberty: Catholic Struggles with Pluralism
- 27. Shinto and the State: 1868-1988.
- 28. Symposium I on "John Courtney Murray, Religion, and American Public Life
- 29. Symposium II on "John Courtney Murray, Religion, and American Public Life
- 30. Teaching With Authority?: The Changing Place of Mainstream Protestantism in American Culture
- 31. The Believers and the Powers that Are: Cases, History, and other Data Bearing on the Relation of Religion and Government.
- 32. The Family and Society: An Historical Primer
- 33. The Family Debate: A Middle Way
- 34. The New Middle Ground in the Family Debate: A Report on the 1994 Conference of the Religion, Culture, and Family Project
- 35. The Newer Deal: Social Work and Religion in Partnership.
- 36. Trying Times: Essays on Catholic Higher Education in the 20th Century
- 37. Undermined Establishment: Church State Relations in America, 1880-1920.
- 38. Using the ‘E’ Word: Evangelism, Church-Based Community Services, and Social Transformation
- 39. Varieties of Religious Presence: Mission in Public Life
- 40. What Would John Courtney Murray Say?
- 41. Why Secular Thinkers Should Welcome Faith-Based Organizations
Research Articles 
Study Guides